Effective date: September 15th, 2022
MetaFans is a platform for creatives, by creatives. We believe that your art deserves the same attention from collectors as big generative NFT projects, and we want MetaFans to be the best NFT marketplace on Solana for independent artists and creators.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide us.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Services
● Account and contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, user name, Solana wallet information, and links to your social media accounts.
● Artist application information, such as links to your online portfolio/website and your art submission, and other responses you provide on the artist application form.
● Interests, usage, and connections, including information about your interests (if you choose to add them), and how you use the Services, such as the types of content you engage with, content you share, features you use, actions you take, and people or accounts you interact and connect with.
● Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
● Communications that we exchange with users when they contact us with questions or feedback, including feedback about interacting with other users, and questions about purchasing.
● Cryptocurrency payment data and transaction information. Please note that we work with third-party electronic wallet extensions, such as Phantom, for processing cryptocurrency transactions. Your interactions with third-party electronic wallet extensions are governed by those businesses’ own privacy policies.
Public sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with information we obtain from public sources, including the Solana blockchain and social media companies when you visit our pages.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
● Device data, such as device IP address (and derived location), device name and operating system, browser type and settings, telecommunications provider, operating system, the date and time of Services use, and interactions with the Services.
● Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Services, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, frequency, and length of access. This information may be collected on our Services using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) and similar technologies described below.
Cookies and similar technologies. Our website may use the following technologies:
● Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
● Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
● Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Services delivery, including to:
● Operate the Services and our business;
● Maintain and improve the Services and the Services’ features;
● Create and maintain your account;
● Facilitate user connections on our Services;
● Recommend pages, profiles, products, users to follow, and content that might be of
interest to you;
● Process your transactions;
● Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
● Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and development. We may create and use de-identified information for our business purposes, including to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to improve and add features to our Services, and to analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Services. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
Support and maintenance. We use third party analytics services to automatically log certain information about your device and how you interact with the Services. The information collected is used to troubleshoot and prevent errors, perform data analysis, and develop new features.Compliance and protection.
We may use personal information to:
● Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and
defending legal claims);
● Enforce the Terms of Service that govern the Services;
● Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
● Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
● Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Direct marketing. We may send you marketing communications via email as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing communications section.
How We Share Personal InformationWe may share personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as hosting, analytics, customer support, email delivery, payment services, and identity verification services).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (c) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, MetaFans or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How You Share Information Through MetaFans
Public. When you establish an account on MetaFans, you share certain profile information with the MetaFans community on our Services. This information includes your name, bio, user name, links to your other social media profiles, NFTs owned, and your Solana public addresses.
MetaFans users. When you apply to be an artist on the platform, MetaFans users and the broader community will vote on your application based on a review of the information you submit. MetaFans users with whom you have some affiliation may also receive notifications about actions you take on the platform, such as following or interacting with content and/or users. MetaFans users with whom you transact on the marketplace may receive additional information.
Instagram, Twitter, and other social media companies. If you connect your social media accounts (e.g., Instagram or Twitter) with MetaFans, MetaFans will also inform those companies that you have authorized its access to your accounts with those companies.
Your ChoicesDisconnect social media companies. When you connect your social media accounts to MetaFans, we notify those platforms. You may disconnect your social media accounts directly on the Services at any time.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
● Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
● Using privacy plug-ins orowsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/ trackers.Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Apps
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Processing of Personal Information in the U.S.
We are headquartered in the United States with affiliates and service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at hello@ metafans3.com or at the following address:
Neefter 382 NE 191st St PMB 89711 Miami, Florida 33179
Notice to California Residents
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to Consumers in California, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Please note, we do not sell personal personal information.The CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
o The sources through which we collect California residents’ personal information and the types of personal information collected in the Personal Information We Collect section.
o The purposes for which we use and share this information in the How We Use Personal Information section and the How We Share Personal Information section.
● Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
● Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
The CCPA limits these rights. For example, companies may not provide users in response to access requests certain sensitive information and other consumers’ personal information, and may exclude information that would compromise the confidentiality of trade secrets. The CCPA also places limits on when companies must comply with a deletion request.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. Here is how you can submit requests:
● To request access to or deletion of personal information collected, please email us at hello@ metafans3.com or submit a form here.
● To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
● Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with the CCPA.
Notice to European Data SubjectsThe information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.